Adult Division: Prizes guaranteed thru 3rd Place in each category (Depending on sponsorship, there may be additional awards).
1. Master Angler – Largest COMBINED stringer of up to two (2) redfish and up to five (5) speckled trout by weight.
2. Largest Redfish Stringer – Stringer of up to two (2) Redfish, by weight (must measure between the 20”& 28” slot).
- Largest Trout Stringer – Stringer of up to five (5) speckled Trout, by weight (MINIMUM 15” & only ONE (1) trout over 25”).
Youth Division: (Ages 4-12) Prizes guaranteed thru 2nd Place in each category (Depending on sponsorship, there may be additional awards).
1. Largest Redfish by weight (must measure between the 20”& 28” slot).
2. Largest Trout by weight (MINIMUM 15”)
- Largest Piggy Perch by weight
- Largest Blue Crab (MINIMUM 5 “ across widest part of body, tip of spine to tip of spine)
REDFISH SPOT POT: $10 entry, legal redfish with most separate, countable spots, longest length wins in event of tie. Winner receives 50% of total pot with remaining 50% going to the Bayside Community Church Building Fund.
* Note: Master Angler will be awarded 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes before awarding prizes to the other categories.
** Note: Up to five (5) trout & up to two (2) redfish may be weighed in per angler & no more than one (1) speckled trout over 25 inches.
*** Note: Fishing will be allowed only in the Coastal INSHORE bays, lakes, tributaries, creeks or rivers in Jackson, Calhoun and Matagorda Counties (CanNOT fish in the Gulf of Mexico or in the Gulf Surf)
- Fishing has to be by legal means in accordance with all Federal and State laws, NO pale gilled or cloudy eyed fish weighed.
- Fish must be caught by pole and line or rod and reel only.
- All measurements and weights of fish will be determined by the weigh-masters and are FINAL.
- No commercial fishing guides, fishing captains, or fishermen holding a pro or semi pro status will be allowed to participate.
- Each fisherman can weigh in only fish that he or she has caught, fish WILL NOT be given or traded to another person.
- All fishermen must be in line with their fish at the weigh-in on time (no later than 5:00 p.m. sharp).
- Each person entered must be present with his or her fish at the weigh-in.
- No one person can win more than one category.
- In case of a tie-on weight of largest fish categories, overall fish length will determine winner.
- All fishermen must be pre-registered and paid up by August 24th, 2019 to receive t-shirt.
- Late entries accepted after 8/24/19 will be charged an additional $10.00 late processing fee and WILL NOT be guaranteed a t-shirt.
- Fishing begins at 6:00 AM and ends at 4:00 PM NO EARLY BIRDS!!!
EVENT: Join in the FUN!
- Meal and awards will begin at 5:30 p.m.
- Raffle tickets will be available for additional prizes!
- Best Cast Net Throwing Contest both Male and Female, will be conducted during weigh in, prizes awarded! (Net provided)
Always be safe, courteous and have fun!!! Please THANK our generous sponsors!!!!!!
For more information or questions contact Bridget Bailey. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cell (614) 599-9296 Entries can be mailed to: Fishing Tournament, 371 Spur 159, Port Lavaca, TX. 77979. (Checks should be made payable to Bayside Community Church) Registration and rules can also be printed by going to http://www.yourbaysidetoday.com/fishingtournament/